Experienced CNC 5-Axis Mill Operator (Sunday-Wednesday Shift)
Hirsh Precision Products, Inc.
Boulder, CO 80301
About the Company
With over 800 years of machining experience, world-class performance, and a history of investing in the latest technology, Hirsh Precision is well-positioned for growth. Our company maintains a reputation of integrity, quality, service, and excellence only as a result of the efforts of our passionate, engaged team members. We are committed to preserving our company culture as we grow, because we think it improves the lives of people who interact with our company. As a leader in US manufacturing, it is our goal to bring new levels of productivity and product innovation into the medical, aerospace, industrial, and scientific industries by leveraging software, advanced manufacturing techniques, and new manufacturing systems.
Vision & Mission
Our company will be the Standard of Excellence in precision manufacturing.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality products and manufacturing services, delivered on time. We are committed to continuous improvement and to conducting business with integrity.
We strive to be people who are:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Passionate and productive
- Loyal and committed
We are looking for an experienced CNC machinist to join Hirsh Precision’s team of highly experienced, dedicated production team. This role will be assigned specifically to Track 3 of our 3-track manufacturing system. Track 3 is dedicated to planned orders that run on our automated manufacturing system.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating 5-axis mills. Specifically, you will be operating our Fastems Flexible Manufacturing System, which is home to three Okuma MU-4000Vs.
Unlike other shops, we do not require machinists to run programming, first article (FA) inspections, deburring and part washing. Your role will be dedicated to operating the machine(s) within your designated cell.
- Working knowledge of operation and setup for 5-axis mills
- General knowledge of CNC machining production and inspection
- Adhere to the company’s safety guidelines and policies
- Interpret engineering drawings for inspection requirements
- Manually inspect parts using micrometers, calipers, and gauges
- Ability to comprehend and follow blueprints and computer-screen instructions within our proprietary software
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Prior experience using Okuma MU-4000Vs or other Okuma CNC mills
- Familiarity with Fastems FMS technology or comparable automated machining technologies